Medical care of the older persons can be quite challenging , whether this is at home or at any of the residential aged care facilities.
Our doctors at the Lowndes Street Clinic have the passion to work with the elderly providing them appropriate care of the highest standards regardless of where they are living.
Our aim is to improve the quality of life by optimizing the care to support living at home and if needed , we continue to provide this care in the residential aged care facilities.
Our doctors provide regular visits to most of the aged care facilities in Bendigo offering regular health check ups and working collaboratively with the specialists, families and facility staff & carers to promote better health and well being of our patients.
Doctors from our Practice regularly visit the following Aged Care Facilities (both high and low care) :
Bupa, Mercy health Bethlehem, Alexandra house, Mirridong, Strath haven, Advent care, Golden Oaks, Bentley`s , Bignold park, Victoria heights, Lilley Lodge, Stella Anderson & Joan Pinder, Carshalton )
Some of the services we provide :
- Comprehensive annual health checks
- Home and residential medication reviews.
- Chronic disease screening and management.
- Cardiac and Diabetes Management.
- Mental health and dementia care.
- Skin Checks and skin cancer treatments.
- Referrals for Aged care assessments (ACAS).
- Home, respite and nursing home visits.
- Advanced care planning.
- Palliative and end of life care.
To find out more about the services that can be provided to the elderly and the options are available please visit the government aged-care website : http://www.myagedcare.gov.au